Entertaining in a hurry and don’t know what to cook? We’ve got you! Try this moreish easy appetizer courtesy of The Culinary Cartel. Ready in only 30 minutes, including prep time, it’s a perfectly effortless solution to entertaining guests.
For the cheese bake
- 250g Ricotta or full fat cream cheese*
- 100g Chevin goats’ cheese
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves (woody stems removed)
- 1 tsp Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Grated Parmesan (or cheese of choice) for topping the bake*For a light dip use ricotta, which is lower in fat. For a deliciously creamy and indulgent dip, opt for cream cheese.
For the Easy Grape & Chardonnay Compote:
- ½ box seedless red grapes (about 250g)
- ½ cup Simonsig Chardonnay
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Pinch of pepper
Crackers or baguette or sourdough toast
Heat the oven to 180C.
Once the oven has heated, place the grapes into a baking dish. Pour over the wine, drizzle the grapes with honey, and add the thyme sprigs. Place the grapes into the oven for 15 minutes, or until the grapes are soft, oozy and blistered. Remove the thyme sprigs and discard them. If you like a slightly stickier, thicker chardonnay and honey sauce, you can return the baking dish to the oven for 5 minutes without the grapes (be careful it doesn’t burn or over reduce!)
While the grapes cook, add the ricotta, chevin, thyme and honey to a mixing bowl. Mix everything together, then season to taste with salt and a hint of pepper.
Add the cheese mixture to an oven safe baking dish. Scatter over the grated parmesan, and bake at 180C for 17-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and molten.
Remove the dish from the oven. Spoon the grapes and chardonnay sauce over the oozy cheese bake and serve immediately with crackers or toasted bread!
Well done chef! How’s that for easy entertaining?