Take your cheese and wine pairing up a notch with Chef Stephanie’s dreamy cheese brûlée. Perfect for those unexpected clear sky winter days and goes down a treat with our Chenin Avec Chêne.
- 300g healy’s cheddar
- 300g camembert /lanquedoc
- 2L Cream
- 200ml Milk
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 10 egg yolks
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Heat cream, milk and thyme until simmering. Take off the heat and allow the thyme infuse forabout 5 minutes.
- Blend and strain through a sieve.
- Mix eggs, salt and pepper and slowly add the hot milk into the egg mix, whisking between each addition.
- Pour into prepared tins.
- Bake in a bain marie at 150°C for 15-20 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Caramelise the top with some thyme infused sugar before serving.
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp water
- 3 tsp bicarb
- Heat sugar, water and honey to 150°C.
- Whisk in the bicarb.
- Pour onto silicon mat and leave to cool.
- Peel pears and cook in a simple syrup until soft.
- Blend until smooth
To serve, make a salad with some freshly sliced pears, rocket, pecan nuts and pieces of honeycomb. Dot with the pear puree and enjoy!