You’ve heard the expression, Rosé all day. And there’s a good reason for it!
You asked, and we listened. Needless to say, we are thrilled to finally have a still rosé join our wine line-up – the perfect wine for everyday enjoyment.
A refreshing blend of Chenin Blanc (64%) and Pinotage (36%) has set the stage for a truly memorable rosé. The first white and red wines to be released by Simonsig were a Chenin Blanc and a Pinotage. Blending the two together was an obvious choice for this wine and tells a beautiful story of our rich winemaking heritage.
The 2023 Vintage at a Glance
The year 2022 was a rollercoaster ride in the Cape – a cold, dry winter transitioned into life-giving December rain, reviving our vineyards. With the earliest harvest kick-off in Simonsig’s history, 2023 proved to be a year of pleasant surprises. The cooler temperatures served as a hidden blessing, creating perfect ripening conditions, particularly for rosé and white wines.
This rosé showcases the colour of a cotton candy sunset radiating from the glass. Its aromatic profile has wonderful aromas of strawberry sherbet, passion fruit and ripe pineapple with subtle notes of white blossoms. On the palate, a zesty tingle of acidity carries the fruit with a light, creamy texture. It makes for a balanced, elegant wine for all occasions.
Rosé – The Facts:
- Our Needless to Say Rosé made its first public appearance at the Barbie movie premiere in Johannesburg on 19 July 2023.
- It is believed that some of the very first wines ever made were Rosé, but the evolution of Rosé to how we know it today has come a long way.
- Centre du Rosé, located in the South of France, is the only research centre dedicated to this wine style. The South of France is a leader in this wine style internationally.
- From raspberry red to Salmon pink, Rosé comes in a range of different colours. From light to dark, winemakers have complete control over the colour they want to achieve.
- Contrary to popular belief in South Africa, not all Rosés are sweet. They are produced in a range of sweetness levels, from dry – like our Needless to Say Rosé and Kaapse Vonkel Brut Rosé – to sweet and everything in between – like our Satin Nectar Rosé, which is a demi-sec.
- Rosés are known for their food-pairing versatility – they harmonise beautifully with seafood pasta, fresh salads with a salmon twist, diverse Thai food dishes, and sushi.
Say Cheers with Rosé
Fruity, fun, and fresh, our Needless to Say Rosé is everything you’ve ever wanted in a good rosé. Whether you’re with friends or just had a long day at work, enjoying it with food or on its own, this enchanting wine will be your new best friend. After all, isn’t life just a little bit better when you #SayItWithRosé?