Meet Linda Mthendele, our self-taught bar lady, with a heart as warm as her smile. Her coffees are ridiculously good so make sure to try one when you pop in at the farm.
- Where were you born?
At Simonsig Estate.
- How long are you working at Simonsig?
About 8 and a half years. I started as one of the cleaning staff in the scullery, then worked my way up to a runner, then a pass manager and am now the bar lady for the past year.
- What do you love about your job?
Making good coffee, but I also enjoy making our signature Brut Rosé Cocktail in summer.
- What is the most challenging part of job?
Dealing with the demands of difficult guests.
- How would your friends describe you?
Loving, compassionate, supportive and hardworking.
- Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Dirk Vorster, he has been a good advisor and father figure.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Giving birth to my beautiful daughter.
- What has been your biggest disappointment?
Not being able to finish my matric, but I am working towards it!
- If you could be a super hero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
To help all the homeless and street children and let them know that they are special and loved.
- What is your personal theme song / mantra?
Collide by Lady Zamar.
- How do you relax / unwind?
By going out with my friends.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who was always happy and someone who always had fun.
- What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
To never give up and go for you dreams.
- Which wine will you be having with dinner tonight?