Born in Alice, Eastern Cape, Abroan Ntomboxolo Tshakweni (or Bronnie for short) has always had an interest in wine and winemaking. She now shares that passion with guests as a wine advisor in our Tasting Room.
- How long are you at Simonsig?
- Why did you become a wine advisor?
Because I was interested in winemaking and knowing more about wine. I also enjoy working with people.
- What do you love about your job?
Meeting different people from all over the world and educating our guests about wine.
- What is the most challenging part of job?
Dealing with difficult clients.
- How would your colleagues describe you?
Warm, welcoming… and a workhorse!
- What’s your personal theme song / mantra?
Unathi Nkayi — A Mother’s Love Song.
- What is your best character trait?
- Which character trait do you need to work on most?
- Which living person do you most admire, and why?
My son and my mother. They are my greatest supporters and inspire me to do better and be a better person every day.
- Who would play you in the film of your life?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My son and my job.
- What’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever received?
That I am an amazing person with lots of potential.
- What is your most treasured possession?
- How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who was trustworthy, supportive and approachable.
- What three things will we always find in your handbag?
A pen, a diary I got from my friend and colleague – Tumi, and of course my make-up bag!
- What do you owe your parents??
My life, love and support.
- What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.
- Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
- Favourite Simonsig wine at the moment?
Redhill Pinotage 2014.
- Ultimate junk food weakness?
KFC and fries!